Friday, March 20, 2009

New Orleans

This St. Patty's day, while fun, I couldn't help but think about the beyond AWESOME time I was having last year. I had taken Krissy to New Orleans for her oh-my-goodness-why-am-I-about-to-screw-up-my-perfect-single-life-and-get-married trip and we had the best time ever.

The thing about me and vacations is that I like to feel like I am really somewhere different. New Orleans was one of the first places I went and felt like I was in a completely different place than where I boarded my airplane.

We spent most of our time in the French Quarter and had the honor of hanging out with a cousin of mine who let us in on some of the locals favorite spots. Thus, we went to Bourbon Street only on St. Patty's Day and just like we had thought, no one we befriended was from New Orleans.

New Orleans is one of those places that I will keep near and dear in my heart and if I could live in the French Quarter for just a few years, I would love it. Doesn't hurt that it is a photographer's paradise.

New Orleans Street

Home

One of my favorite things about New Orleans, is the second we left our totally adorable hotel, we heard music. Everywhere. I loved it. You couldn't go down a street without seeing a street band or some sort of performer. This guy...I may have stalked. But he was the most gorgeous excuse for a human being that I have ever seen. And he is playing a guitar...and singing. I am a sucker for those guys.

OMG He is gorgeous.

Yeah...

Wow.

We went on a couple cemetery tours, which, being a Thanatologist (my real job) Krissy had to suffer threw. She did well, but definitely did not find it as interesting as I did.

Rust

I snapped this as we were walking around after getting beignets and cafe au lait at Cafe du Monde.

Fat Cat

And the art. It is so hard to think of how to explain the amazing artwork in New Orleans. Everything is so unique. So many colors... so many styles... it's incredibly eclectic. And there are tons of people willing to draw you.

Art

If anyone needs a travel buddy or knows the guy in those photos... let me know! :-) Happy Friday!

No comments: