Monday, August 24, 2009

Keith Urban and Sugarland

Last Thursday Lauren and I went to see Keith Urban and Sugarland at the Verizon Center! This is us looking cute:

IMG_0357 copy

See? Two gorgeous blue eyed blondes could be photographing your next event!

Anyway, back to the show. I didn't know that I liked Sugarland and Keith Urban as much as I now do. They put on a tremendous show. Jennifer Nettles was so much fun to watch and they both put a lot of energy and emotion into their act. That little tiny woman in red boots is Jennifer Nettles.

IMG_0354 copy

And after an hour of them singing to me, KEITH came out to sing to us. Now, I know a lot of Keith Urban songs but I always kind of thought of him as a snob. I don't know what it is, but he always seemed to have some sort of smug look to him. Thursday's show wiped away that impression. He was fun and seemed down to earth. He moved around the arena, even sang one song in the stands with his light up guitar. He went to a stage that was set up in the back of the arena and said "Who has the best seats now??" Also worthy of noting - he introduced each of his back up singers/guitar/bass players - they all have AMAZING voices.


IMG_0361 copy

Keith is on the right in this one. Yes, I can call him Keith. I feel like I know him well enough now.

IMG_0365 copy

To prove his awesomeness, you all should watch this video, which I'm not allowed to embed in this blog for some reason - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_1i3FSRbug watch until the end!!

My only problem with the whole show was this:



Yep. Right in front of that silhouette is the stage that was blocked by her stupid sailboat covered shirt. Annoying.

Also - if you ever go to a concert at the Verizon Center and drive down, you should really try to park where we did. I am going to try really hard to remember the name of the building but it was off F Street by the International Spy Museum's Gift Shop. Cost $15 but that is about 50% less than what you would pay one block up and there was little to no waiting at all to get out of the garage when the concert ended. Perfect!

No comments: