Friday, July 24, 2009

Looking ahead to Fall!

Fall is for 2 things: hiking and camping.

I bought these hiking shoes not long after I was cleared to stop wearing that stupid boot. Remember that boot? The one I could pump up with air and then release? Here is a pic if you can't remember it.



Anyway, I like my hiking shoes a lot better than that thing. See?

IMG_0256 copy

Well, I had all these good intentions to go running more often and go hiking because of my limitations in that boot. The farthest I got was buying a pair of hiking shoes and taking Sunny out to one trail less than 3 miles from my house. So, Fall Resolutions: go hiking, run more.

Here are my top three trails I want to go on. Let me know if there are others you would recommend.

1. Appalachian Trail - Crampton Gap
2. Loch Raven Reservoir - Merryman Trail
3. C&O Canal - Great Falls - near the middle of October for the prettiest photos!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I don't have any trials to recommend right now, but I do have a recommendation for who you should take with you on these hikes...(if you can't guess, her name starts with "L" and ends with "auren").

Dani Leigh/Sweet D! said...

Well "L" "auren," you're in luck bc I was going to take you with me anyway so you can hold my hiking up while you photograph moss. And I'm glad you don't have any trials because I was asking about trails. :-) You heart me.

Lauren said...

You are a mean, mean person....



that I heart.