Saturday, July 4, 2009

Teasers - Sonia and Shamsher

A first for Dani Leigh Photography...Today I got to photograph a traditional Sikh wedding ceremony. The reception is tomorrow but I wanted to make sure I got a few up to share with everyone. I learned a lot and will be explaining everything I have photographed within the next few days.

In the meantime, enjoy!

IMG_5466

Sonia with her sisters.

IMG_5451

Shamsher during the ceremony.

IMG_5676


Sonia and her father.

IMG_5914

Love this one.

IMG_5803

And this one!

IMG_5767

The last part of the day is very emotional. The bride leaves her home in clothing that her in-laws provide and her family and friends bid her a tearful farewell as she departs for her new home and life.

IMG_6025

IMG_6040

So many more to come! Can't wait for tomorrow!

(If you are having trouble viewing all of an image please click on the photo to take you to the full image)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Dani, these are gorgeous! All the colors...I love them. I hope everything is going great today at the reception. I'm so incredibly bummed I had to miss this one. :(

Mom said...

These photos are lovely. They are a gorgeous family and they make our traditional weddings seem so ordinary!

Unknown said...

Amazing, just amazing ... so happy you are coming to Mexico!!!