Sunday, October 19, 2008

Stupidity

Anytime I get into my car or go to a store, I see a shiz load of people doing incredibly unintelligent things while they continue to exist. They are stuffing their faces with tacos (requiring two hands) while they are behind the wheel, they are texting while driving, not even looking up at all, or pushing a stroller in the road while talking on a cell phone (why on the road you ask, just to avoid the bumps according to one woman), and also one of my up and coming favoritest (yes, I know it is not a word) new pet peeves, people who are talking on their cell phones while checking out at stores or ordering food (didn’t occur to me until today how much extra time it adds, I held back a lot today to not press back the button on the payment machine when it prompted this guy about cash back, I just wanted to scream at him to press the god damn button, just press NO and be done with it!).

But today, today’s dummy trumped all of that. There are a lot of kids in my neighborhood, so I tend to drive slow until I get to a road with no sidewalks. Today, I am glad I was driving slow not for the kids, but for a grown man, a grown man who was running, listening to his ipod and wait for it, wait for it, reading a book.

People never cease to amaze me.

No comments: