Friday, October 3, 2008

Wherever You Are...

Brace yourselves, this is a sad one.

Today would be my Poppop's 80th birthday. I can't help but thinking that if he was here today he would have a big grin plastered on his face after partaking in a huge party we would have had for him with all of our family and friends, much like the one we through 10 years ago for him, equipped with banners and cake and the like. But a year ago today, as we sat around the table planning his big 80th birthday bash, we had no idea how little time we had left with him and I am so glad we were at least able to share the joy of his 79th.

I know we are supposed to lose our grandparents, that is normal and expected, but I want him to know that I think about him and often, with any important decision that I make, whenever I see my mom or Namaw and whenever I think of growing up and how proud he would be of me.

Anyway, Poppop, just know that wherever you are, near, far, I love you and miss you more than you could know.



No comments: