Thursday, October 2, 2008

Yes, Clay is Gay

About 2 weeks ago, I got a text with The “News.” Clay Aiken has admitted he is gay.

I was saddened by this news for about .000256893 seconds because, come on people, were any of you truly shocked by this news?

And for all you little girlies out there who were mad obsessed with him, who tried to “pray away the gay,” well, it didn’t work. And why should it?

Clay, yes we are on a first name basis, at least for the sake of this post, Clay is an extremely talented singer and based on everything I have read about him is incredibly compassionate about his family and his work and he is even kind of funny. Does being gay change that?

I’m proud of him for making the decision to be a donor to give his friend the greatest gift of all, a baby (ewwww I can’t even believe I typed that, there are so many better gifts that I would want right now that does not involve pain and that horrible after effect of a screaming baby, like for example, a new computer or something simple like a 12 pack of diet pepsi even). Anyways, regardless, what a big and great decision he made.

So, who gives a monkey’s butt if he is gay? Why is it our business anyway? We have so many freedoms in this country, soooo many, but we can’t even pick the gender of the person we fall in love with or just are naturally attracted too without derision and some disdain? For the record, all of us heteros aren’t doing so hot either, how do more than half of our marriages end up??? Exactly.

I guess I just don’t see what the big deal is. If it grosses you out, don’t think about it, but stop judging. Jesus.



An American Idol Aside – David Cook’s new single has finally made its way to my ears. Katherine, I picked the one with this pic just for you, try to avoid licking your computer screen at work! You would totally pray away the gay for this one.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

i'm just getting around to reading this one.

clay aiken is ugly as balls. i really hope you were not one of those girls who tried to "pray away his gay."

and that video is telling me it's no longer available, so i'm going to go look it up and try not to drool.

love ya!