Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Restaurant Review: Morimoto


Like I said in my last post, we went to Morimoto for dinner last night. I have to say for it being talked up as much as it is, I was pretty disappointed. It was a great atmosphere, and it is super cool that it is owned by Iron Chef Morimoto and they had really great rock shrimp tempura but the sushi wasn’t all that great, the drinks disappointed, and all in all it was so hugely over priced. For the amount we paid, I would have been able to eat all of my meals at Roppongi (Frederick, MD) for about a week.

All in all, your money is going towards the mod looking but not so comfy, I-got-this-idea-from-an-Ikea-catalogue furniture, the lights that change colors throughout the restaurant and the crazy amounts of phallic imagery scattered about the restuarant. Check out the lights on the tables…you, first off, can’t move it from the center of your table and second, it looks like a giant butt plug. Gross.


No comments: